1. Hedgehog cookies. Aren’t they the most adorable cookies you’ve ever seen?
2. The headline this morning about the Supreme Court’s decision concerning the houses of worship in New York. I am encouraged to know that our right to gather in freedom to worship is being upheld, pandemic or not. I believe the gathering of believers is essential; we need each other. Of course, be courteous and stay home if you’re sick.
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
-Hebrews 10:24-25 NKJV
3. A Thanksgiving text from a friend whom I haven’t heard from in a long while.
4. God’s provision.
5. Coffee. I love coffee! And I love my winter coffee mug.
6. Our delayed winter this year… It’s been a gorgeous fall. And if the snow could just stay away a little longer; my snow tires are on the way (I know, I should’ve been ready earlier).
7. Growth. It’s always encouraging, since I’ve had a rocky past, to look back and see the growth that has happened in me over the years.
8. This cozy apartment. No, it’s not my dream house by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s home for now.
Home is where your books are.
9. My books.
10. My people. Those people I can count on. The ones that choose to do life with me. The ones who have captured my heart. And the ones who have helped me in this story of life.
11. Lights on the Christmas tree. And the upcoming Christmas season.
12. My little red car, Dorrie.